Friday 9 May 2014

Birthday Treats.

 Aren't friends wonderful!

I just had to show you the birthday tea
my lovely friend Chris bought for me on Tuesday.

We went to Folly's tea rooms in Holt 
which has been in a couple of magazines recently
including Country Living.


It is tucked away in a little courtyard
with pretty gardens.

I absolutely love the mix of colours with these Tulips.


But of course it was raining when we went
so we sat in the new orangery extension
and looked out at the garden from the dry.

Everything is served on nice old china
and as it was a Birthday treat I got a candle
and a rendition of Happy Birthday which 
made me feel very special.
It's the little things like that which  really matter
sometimes, isn't it.





You even get a fresh rose on the plate of scones.






 After our tea we had a nice wander around the shops 
and spent a bit of money just to round things off.

I had a Wonderful morning
so thank you so much Chris.


 And Thank You to another friend, Carol,
for this fabulous Azalea which makes me smile everytime
I open the back door.




Yes friends are wonderful things.


Gillxx











3 comments:

  1. Belated birthday wishes Gill. Having tea in such nice ambiance is a pleasure and blessed. Love seeing the beautiful country living of UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, Gill! What a special friend to treat you to such a lovely day! Good friends make everyday more special. Smiles...Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that tea room in CL and realised it was just next door to my friend Ruth's shop, so I really want to visit when I'm next up that way. Shame it was raining, but I bet you still had a lovely birthday treat all the same. What a lovely friend.

    I wanted to say thank you Gill for your lovely words on my post (ages ago now) about the stress at work, thanks for your support and such a shame that you were affected by similar stuff.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete