Saturday 13 October 2012

Monthly Makes


Normal service is being resumed today as my course
has finished although I have got my final piece to finish
which I'll show you when it's done.
I've also been ill this week and for the first time in 
goodness knows how many years I've been on anti-biotics,
so I have been watching a lot of daytime TV which I never do
usually do.
I have to admit, and I know some of you will disagree
 but
 I'm hooked on Loose women. 
For those who don't know it it's a morning chat show
which is like having a coffee
and a gossip with some out spoken, and at times, outrageous 
women who have been around the block a couple of times.
I's great fun.


Anyway I have managed to do a couple of other things this month
other than my Arty stuff.





This cushion is for one of my great nieces for Christmas in the colour
of bedroom, I just have to make the pad now.
I have to add she wasn't named after Kiera Knightly as she wasn't
 famous when my niece was born. Her Mum gets 
so cross that everyone assumes that is where the name comes from
and now so many little girls are called Kiera.

I remember we  noticed after we decided the names for my eldest daughter
that all of a sudden all the baby girls I met where called the same
so at the last minute we changed it.



So talking of babies, my friends daughter very unexpectedly
( yes you did read it correctly)
had a baby boy recently so we have all been buying (and making)
baby clothes.


These I love , I found the pattern among hundreds on Pinterest,
and they turned out great but I now can't remember which pattern I used. 
The friend was loves them too and they were
all wrapped up in the beautiful paper below.
I've never bought double sided paper before
as it's so expensive but this was just so sweet.




Well I'm off to London now to see George Michael in concert 
hopefully via the V&A so I'm tell you about it when I get back.

Have a great weekend.

Gillxx

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better by now. I went through a Loose Women phase myself at one time and it's very addictive! Love your baby makes. Enjoy your concert. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better now.
    I used to go to the V&A a lot in my teens!
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you feel better soon ..but let me say i am so impressed that being ill has not halted your productivity and crafting ability...well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gill
    I hope your feeling better.
    Was the concert great?
    Your work is lovely. I have some patchwork cut out ad ready to sew- just need some time.
    Chris
    Australia

    ReplyDelete