Saturday 28 April 2012

Monthly makes and other stuff.



This is one of the things entered for my Monthly Make but just for fun.
It's my bra decorated ready for the Moon Walk in London on the 12th,
I've done 2 more the same for 2 of my girls who are keeping me company.
They are not very professional but as I said it's just for fun.



This is one done by another girl in our group. they are pieces of felt sewn on to her bra,
I think it looks amazing.


we had a fundraising morning selling cupcakes and breast cancer badges


as well as raffling this fantastic cake made by my friend Carol.


We also borrowed a treadmill and walked the 26.2 miles 
in relays.  We needed to in order to keep warm
It was very cold and wet
 but at last count we had raised nearly £300 which in a small village is pretty good going.  
The girls that did the same thing last year said they had got sunburnt doing it
 but didn't raise as much.

We even had the local paper come down to take photos,
they had doing an exaggerated walk waving our bras in the air,
I can't wait to see the photos.
Heres the link again if anyone wants to sponsor us.



My other monthly make ( alongside the 50 metres of bunting for the wedding on the 19th)
is a new journal cover made with damaged lace and doilies from Lavender Linen and Lace.




I have used old buttons and a laundry mark as well.
Some pieces are machine stitch in place while other are hand stitched.
I got the idea from Pinterest and I'm really pleased with he result.


My week this week has been taken over with painting.
As regular readers know 2 of my children are involved with Beach Lifeguarding 
and surfing.
A couple of years ago my son set up the North Norfolk Surf Lifesaving Club and 
it has really taken off. So they have managed to get some backing from the council
and leased a club house from them.
The building has been recently converted from what used to be 
Victorian Public Toilets.
So all this week my little one and I have been 
dancing round to the Script while holding a paintbrush.


I love the bright red doors and skirting 
although they don't really show up in this photo.



This is how it used to look in the 1900's 
but the shop had been demolished many years ago and the toilets had been 
shut for along time.


So I think it's nice to see it put to good use again.



Next month I'm joint administrator with Annie for the Monthly Make
So if you haven't joined us yet go along to Annies blog and join in.

It's my birthday this week as well as my 30th wedding anniversary
so I'm going to be doing a giveaway I think 
although
I haven't decided what it will be yet so watch this space.

See you soon
Gillxx

11 comments:

  1. Great post Gill.
    I lost a sister to cancer, so I'm always touched but peoples efforts to
    Raise money for research and support.

    I like your journal, will you keep it?
    The club looks terrific. Good on your children.
    Chris
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bras - you don't get those in M&S ! Good luck on the walk - don't expect you'll get sunburnt, more like drenched, but sincerely hope not. Great to hear about the Lifeguard thing - really positive stuff. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much in this post I'm identifying with, Gill. Love the bras - very good luck to you all it's a very good cause. My elderly mum contracted breast cancer 5 years ago and had the full whack, but is doing extremely well and is passed her 5 year mark.

    Interested to read about your children and the lifeguard /surfing - my younger son moved to New Zealnd 5 years ago and is now a surf addict! They are coming over for a month in June, maybe he'll be able to catch a few waves. (but doubt our weather will equal their sunny summers!)

    A very happy birthday and wedding anniversary, have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooops, Gill I also meant to comment on your lovely journal cover. I went through a textile collage stage a while back and really love doing this, made a few books and then .......stopped! You've whetted my appetite and I think I'll be giving this another go soon. (after the frenzy related to the craft fair!)

    Also, trying to put your blog in my side bar, the address I thought would be logical comes up with mad monkey! I put http://dosierosie.blogspot.com - put me right, would you, and I can rectify things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post. Good on your boy doing so well and good luck to him with the new venture. Sounds like it's all coming together for the Moon Walk - great bras and a fabulous cake.

    Happy Happy Birthday to you and Congratulations on getting to the 30yr mark (they've gone in a flash, haven't they, my eldest was 30 this month, can't quite believe it!).

    ps My best friend just sold her house to Luke from the Script so if you want the address it's available for a small fee!lol He brought his mother along for the first house viewing....awww!Lovely Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you and Congratulations to you and your husband on your 30th Anniversary.
    Good Luck to your son with his Lifesaving Venture and to you on your Moonwalk. I love the bras and cake. :)
    Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woa you are busy at the moment. I've already sponsored you so good luck on the walk. The bras look fab. Hope you can pop in to the next Aldborough Creative at the end of the month. Or I'll be at The Atrium on Sunday afternoon looking after the Artipasto show there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the Moonwalk - some work colleagues have done it and the bra-decorating caused much hilarity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a quick one to say I awarded you with The Versatile Blogger award! I won't be offended if you don't want it or have already got it. I know not everyone is into Awards. Love Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you too Gill! Hope you enjoyed your day, and enjoyed your 30th Anniversary too!
    Thanks for my FB Birthday Card! I am still getting to grips with these FB apps!
    Good luck with your walk on the 12th - and congrats on the sucessful fund raising.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those UK flag bras!! And your makes are stellar. Good luck tonight in the walk, I have a few friends down there as well. xx

    ReplyDelete