Thursday 15 September 2011

Sod's Law.

In my house Sod's law dictates that whenever my other half goes on a training course  something goes wrong at home, This week it has run true to form.  Not only have I had to buy a new hoover but the winds this week have brought down part of the garden fence on to one of my flower beds and I can't lift it off.  
The winds have also turned my Apple tree from this



To this--apples everywhere.



I've given bags full to friends and have baskets full for myself.


I also have loads of fallen Hazel nuts



And lbs of Tomatos


Now you won't hear me say this very often but I've been cooking.
It's not that I don't cook it's just that I sometimes find it a real chore .


But with so many apples I decided to make pies and strudel for the freezer.
I also made my first Tarte Tatin which didn't last long as my little one, one of her friends and I demolished it for tea.  I might have to make it more often.


I think this might have to be my monthly make.

Hope the high winds didn't cause too much damage in your area.

Gillx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gill, all our trellissing came down but it was a quick fix unlike poor you! Country Living mag has an article about hazel nuts this month yours look huuge!! hope the week improves
    jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any apple trees in my current garden , and I miss them so much! Those baskets full of them look totally delicious!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our pear tree is looking pretty bare now but we had just finished putting up a new fence which fortunately stayed put!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to re-build part of our fence too, and we are not great at DIY, so it was not a fun experience. Would rather have been baking apple pie!

    ReplyDelete