Tuesday 5 April 2011

A busy Week

I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted but it's been one of those weeks. You know the ones when you just don't have time to think,  I was even working on Mother's day.  Watching all these lucky ladies spending the day having afternoon tea in the big house was very hard to deal with let me tell you, BUT I had my Mother's day on Saturday.  As both my girls are miles away from home at the moment it was left to surfer boy to look after Mum which he and his girlfriend (not forgetting Mr.T) did very well.

There was a vintage lovers fair at the "Dragon Hall" in Norwich so we were going there but got distracted on the way.  It turns out that my favourite Antiques emporium has a Flea Market upstairs on Saturdays, well it would be silly not to have a look  wouldn't it.


So much choice, where do you start.



I Love lloyd loom linen baskets but I already have 2 so not today.



I was very tempted by this advert.




Rupert was one of my favourites as a child. I probably had some of these. 


Always a big draw for me is buttons.



Wish I'd seen this when I was looking for a rainbow for last months Scavenger Hunt.


Surfer boy and his friend.



Then it was off to the Cathedral for Lunch.




 Tombland and the Cathedral close is a beautiful part of Norwich, with some fantastic old buildings.
The house outside the arch really is that crooked.




This one is so sweet and looks even smaller tacked onto the church  like that.

It was great to spend a day with my son, as he lives close by I tend to just see him for an hour here and there but don't spend along time together.

See you soon.
Gillxx

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time, the buttons look so tempting in the baskets :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good time. Love those baskets ... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame you had to work on mothers day, but what a lovely day you had on the Saturday, I love the look of that flea market.... I love the buttons,
    Sue Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day. I love buttons !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I really love reading your blog and see your photos of my beloved Norfolk. I lived in Norwich for a total of 25 years and for me its still 'home' as its where I raised my children.
    Love the look of the flea market - where is it?
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So ... which Antiques Emporium is that? Just so that I can pop along on fleemarket days. Nice to see lovely pictures of familiar places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog, you now have a new follower! Norfolk looks lovely... I feel a holiday coming on. :)

    ReplyDelete