Sunday 20 March 2011

For the love of Hellebores

The past week has been " Hellebore Week" in the gardens at work ( Yes I'm really working now).  Now I have a couple of Hellebores in my garden and they are nice to have as an early flower but I must admit I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about.  So off I go, camera to hand to find out.
These are a tiny sample of what I found and it was super seeing all these lovely flowers in "The Dell" which is quite a shaded, damp area.









some of the photos are a bit blurry but the colours are so rich.






Quite a variety







I don't think I'll stay the night in the local hotel though.



I think now I know why they are proud of their display It was lovely.

Gillx

2 comments:

  1. Will we be seeing you on `Gardeners` World` soon then, Gill?lol I love my Hellebores, especially the purple ones - I think they`re called Christmas Rose too. Hope you`re enjoying your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ventured out into my garden for the first time this year (shame on me!) which is how I know that I have some of these purple ones out there at the moment - but its a sign of things to come - I hope.

    ReplyDelete