Wednesday 5 January 2011

In with the old?

Hello to you all.

What is it they say for New Year "Out with the old and in with the New" well my Mother-in-law has certainly been doing the first part.  We went down to my in-laws in Kent for the new year and MIL says" before you go I have some fabric you can take" and out comes this large carrier bag.  As we were late for lunch at our next port of call I didn't have time to check it out until we got home the next day and it drove me mad.  My MIL is a life long knitter and I've never known her to sew so imagine my surprise when I pulled out yards and yards of retro fabric and the "vogue" patterns she obviously bought to make it up.



The blue piece is the smallest at 4 yards the rest are 5 or 6 yards long. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it , for the moment it will go into my trunk where I keep my Yardage fabric.



Whatever I make I'm not sure it will be either of these, my shoulders are broad enough without shoulder pads.



this piece is my favourite though. It's an old Sanderson fabric and would great in as a bathroom blind but I think it's too small for mine, I'll have to check that.

I have also have had a clear out of a sort. My lovely old Olympus camera became temperamental on holiday and finally gave up, so the lovely Mr T gave me a new for Christmas. A beautiful bright pink Canon which I have been playing with for a couple of days to get used to it.  I convinced my photos are better.

Something else I received was my first Tilda book.


I love these.








So I made my own Garden Angel and she will have pride of place on the new shelves in my work room  
if Mr T ever puts them up (he has to think about these things for a few months) and before you ask, no I can't do them myself, I'm not trusted with things like power tools as I have a habit of blowing them up, apparently.  I've only done that once,--or maybe twice.

Gillxx

6 comments:

  1. I am very envious of your lovely new (old) fabric and patterns, I have turned a funny green colour... That book looks like its worth having as well, love your angel,and as for your beautiful bright pink canon..... I got one yesterday.... hee hee..... isn't it fun, well I call mine purple, so maybe it's different. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky thing ! Love the boats fabric especially
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the fabric with the yachts on. Also loving your garden angel. Happy New Year btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous vintage fabric, love your garden angel, so cute! ... :0)

    Shirl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! I love the sailing boats fabric!
    I love the Tilda range of craft books and their fabrics. My one book of theirs is 'Sew Sunny'Homestyle....not made anything from it yet but, it is nice to dream!

    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fabric and I like the tilda book too! I've just given you a blog award, visit buttons, ribbons and other things to see! :) x

    ReplyDelete