Friday 16 July 2010

A Pleasant evening

I have visitors at the moment so in line with seaside holiday tradition we went to the beach for fish and chips.
So off to Cromer Pier with our supper.



It was a beautiful evening and the tide was right out.



It is a lovely old Victorian town.





The fishing boats sit at the top of the beach.




The lifeboat station at the end of the pier.




The fishermen were out in force.



Then we could see the future coming towards us and decided it was time to head home.



Past our local hero Henry Blogg, the most decorated lifeboat man ever, who always looks out to sea.



And the place I would love to live.



Lastly this weeks favourite flower from my garden, trouble is I can't make up my mind this week so we have two for you.




Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Gillxx

5 comments:

  1. How lovely. What a great man Henry Blogg must have been, and what a name!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cromer is a wonderfully romantic name - probably because of the shipping forcast!

    I love the pink flower - is it a hollyhock?

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes the pink is a hollyhock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Cromer from years and years ago,when some college friends and myself came to Cromer Golf Links to watch 'Thin Lizzy'. I will never forget that evening as they could only really play the one song for which they became famous and played it so many times during the evening.
    Prior to that,my parents used to take us to Mundesley to a large hotel,which if I remember rightly was called The Hotel Continental.
    I expect it has gone now? Anyway,we had happy times up in your area!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures of Cromer. I know it quite well as we have friends who live in North Norfolk.

    ReplyDelete