Saturday 5 June 2010

Slow Down

Well what a week. I have spent the whole week asking time to slow down so I can catch up. It has been a while since I have had all 3 children staying with me for longer than a day. Eldest daughter, who lives in Devon had come home with her boyfriend,then surfer boy son came in asking if he could move home for a couple of weeks and as little one moved back in after Uni that is all 3. If you add boyfriend I now have a house full and I'm in seventh heaven until I realise how much I had slowed down since they had moved out. My priorites have changed, I don't need to do so much shopping, washing,cleaning or cooking anymore. I have my own work room to do my crafting which used to be my son's bedroom and of course he now has it back, all be it with a blow up mattress on the floor. I have found an empty fridge everytime I went to it and of course they have reverted to teenagers,dropping bags and shoes in the kitchen.
It has been fantastic, but I'm exhausted.

Having said all that I have a few photo's for you.



some lovely blossom while walking the dogs.



Another great find in my favourite charity shop. I have always wanted a set of glass sundae dishes and I love these.

I did manage to make a very quick skirt for eldest daughter to wear for work.


It is ideal for the classroom and she is very pleased with it.


I have also sent off my first swap and now have to go and finish my Boudoir swap,so I'll speak to again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! This made me laugh, my mum keeps trying to turn my room into a studio when i'm at uni but I just keep coming back! The sundae glasses look beautiful! I did some work experience for Homes & Antiques magazine, and the July issue was all about ice-cream - especially sundae glasses - good find! Tamzin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely: my eldest daughter and her boyfriend have descended for a visit. I too had forgotten the extra food bill and extra laundry! Great find at the charity shop.

    Your swap parcel should already be with you or else be there by tomorrow. I got a receipt when I posted it.

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glasses!
    I only have the one daughter, but after an hours visit it takes me two to clean up after her!

    The skirt is lovely, I love the shape!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for leaving your comment on my blog its good to know I am not alone! I am so glad you stopped by as I found your blog too.
    I love your blog and it sounds like you are having an exhausting time at the minute with a house full of children again.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me laugh! What mixed blessing children are sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is so lovely - I have a two year old and at the mo I have to admit I do look forward to nap times a bit more than I should, just so I can get the sewing machine out or venture into the garden, but your post has made me think I ought to appreciate the time with him more - in the blink of an eye he'll be a burly moody teenager and I'll rarely see him! I can sew in a few years.... (did I actually say that??!) PS I love your garden (and beach huts) too! Lucy xox

    ReplyDelete