Thursday 22 April 2010

Great East Swim

Oh dear,what have I done. I have taken n a challenge set by my son.
Maybe I should explain, My son and one of my daughters work for the RNLI beach lifeguards and are both really fit and of course good swimmers. Last year alot of the life guards did the Great East Swim which is a a open water swim of a mile to raise money for the RNLI. Move forward to earlier this year and a family curry night where I have had a couple of gins. Son says" so mum are you going to do the open water swim this year? and the gin answered "yea why not". Now don't get me wrong I can swim a mile or at least I used to be able to, it has been a while since I tried but the open water bit. I was 15 the last time I did that.
So of course having said I would, I am going through with it.

It takes place on the 19th June at Alton Water Park,Ipswich.
Wish me luck.

1 comment: